Monday, July 12, 2010

week 38

We are 13 days away from our July 25th due date. Of course, the count down is on, but Baby Boy King will come when he is ready. May be fewer then 13 days, may be more. Who knows.

This past Thursday we had our weekly appointment and I'm glad to say that things were about the same as the week before. Just over 2 cm dilated, still 75-80% effaced and baby hasn't dropped yet. The ultrasound proved that we are still having a boy, thank goodness since I know that I would panic a little bit having to go out and buy girly items at this late stage. Baby Boy King is looking good & healthy and weighing in at about 6.3 lbs. However, ultrasounds give an estimate and baby can be 1/2 lb heavier or lighter. I think I prefer him to cook a little longer so he can fatten up a bit.

Our next appointment is Thursday morning so we will see if we are any closer to meeting this little guy.

Yesterday I painted one more wall in the nursery the pale auqa to match the other walls and cleaned out the closet. The donation trucks are making the rounds this morning so it was time to get rid of lots of old clothes that Bill and I haven't worn the past two years. I also cleaned our back bedroom that became the storage room. There were boxes from when we moved in to the house two years ago plus lots of other items collecting dust. Our porch is now covered with items getting donated to The Arc and I hope they take every little bit of it. Needless to say, I think I "nested" this weekend and another step closer to meeting baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment